As families are looking at purchasing costumes for Halloween, please keep in mind the following guidelines:
1. Students may wear Halloween costumes but must be recognizable, i.e. no masks or facial coverings.
2. Face painting is allowed if the student is recognizable and the painting applies to the costume being worn,
3. No toy (or real) weapons are allowed at school.
4. If a costume is determined by a staff member to be a disruption in the classroom, a possible safety hazard,
5. Any student wearing a costume must fully prepare before arriving to school. Spray cans, hair coloring, spray
6. Group costumes are discouraged when they promote the exclusion of other students.
7. Parents are encouraged to supervise their child’s costume choice – keeping in mind that ultimately,
8. If students do wear inappropriate costumes, the administration reserves the right to ask them to change.