Home of the Lakers
Welcome to Hawthorn Elementary
Where everyone is actively engaged in learning every day!
· Model School. Hawthorn will be recognized throughout the state for our exemplary instructional practice and student performance. Others will want to implement our strategies because of our sustained results.
· Happy School. Hawthorn will be a school characterized by a positive collaborative culture, excellent professional relationships and a safe, orderly learning environment. It will be a joy and privilege to work and serve at Hawthorn.
· Progressive School. Hawthorn will be driven by a passion for excellence and continuous improvement. Creativity, risk-taking and solution-based thinking provide the catalyst for meeting the diverse needs of our students.
· Recognized as one of six national model schools by the University of Kansas SWIFT project (http://www.swiftschools.org).
· Selected as one of forty-four “Project Lead The Way” elementary schools nationally (http://www.pltw.org/elementary). Project Lead The Way is a national effort to enhance students’ experience in science, technology, engineering and math through after-school programs.
· Recognized by DESE as a silver-level SW-PBS school (http://pbismissouri.org/archives/1659).
· Every child is important and of immeasurable worth.
· Every child can learn.
· Our purpose is to ensure student learning, performance and growth.
Because of our beliefs, we
· Function as a professional learning community and a Positive Behavior Support school.
· Teach responsibility, respect, honesty, and safety to create the best possible learning environment.
· Utilize differentiated instructional strategies to meet the unique learning needs of our students.
· Provide additional time and support for students who need it.
· Provide enrichment and extended learning for students who need it.
· Challenge students to go beyond their current level of performance.
· Celebrate the accomplishments and successes in behavior and academics.
3:30 PM - 5:30 PM Jr FLL Robotics (3rd Grade) - Science/Computer Labs
3:30 PM - 4:15 PM K-Kids - Hawthorn Library
3:30 PM - 5:30 PM Robotics (4th Grade - Computer/Science Labs)
7:15 AM - 8:15 AM Art Club Session II (For those enrolled in Session II) - Art Room
3:30 PM - 5:30 PM Robotics (4th Grade) - Computer/Science Labs
3:30 PM - 4:30 PM Writer's Club - Hawthorn Library